Friday, October 31, 2008

Daylight Savings Time

The days will now get shorter. This has a good side and a not so good side.

The good side is that I will get one extra hour of sleep, for now.

The not so good side is that we lose daylight a lot sooner. It will be dark by 5:00 P.M.....bummer.

I'm a summer gal. I love the sun and the heat. I love that daylight arrives at 5:00 A.M. and doesn't end until 8:00 P.M. Nice, long, beautiful days.

Fall and Winter offers a time to bake. I love to bake. Cookies, cakes, pies. I don't cook during the summer. At least not in the kitchen. We barbeque and grill during the summer, rarely using the stove. But my stove gets a workout during the Fall and Winter.

I hear there is rain in the forecast. Good thing, maybe it will get cool enough to turn on the oven.

So, once again, we say goodbye to Summer and hello to cooler weather, hectic days of holidays, and one extra hour of sleep.

Vikki

No comments: