Thursday, November 6, 2008

History was made on November 4, 2008

I'm glad to see that everyone went out and voted on November 4th.

What I can't understand and will never understand is why we don't have these numbers in all elections. Do people not understand that when you vote, your voice is heard?

Do people think, "I don't like the guy who is running, so I'm just going to stay home and not vote". Yeah, that'll fix 'em.

Let those who vote each and every time, whether they like the candidate or not, nominate the person they want in office. Meanwhile, those of us who do not like either candidate figure it's better not to vote anyone in office than to have a voice.

When I hear of how everyone is complaining of the economy, the war, and everything else that is wrong with this country, I think, well, it's our fault. We cannot blame anyone but ourselves. We vote the President into office. Or not.

I hope this election has taught everyone to vote each and every time. If you don't like either candidate that is running for office, choose one. Who knows, maybe you'll choose the candidate who will do some good.

But either way, don't blame the President or anyone else who is running our government. We choose them. And if you're response is, "don't blame me, I didn't choose him or her because I didn't vote". Really? Yes, you did. By not voting.

That is what is so great about our country. We have a voice. We can choose how we want our lives to be by voting. It is the great Equalizer. Yet, so many people do not see it this way.

I heard someone say that voting is the best non-violent way to have a revolution. I wish everyone would see it this way.

Young and old. Rich and poor. It makes no difference in the polling place. When you vote, you have a voice.

For myself, women should be the ones leading the revolution. After all, it hasn't even been 100 years since we got the vote. Yet, many women do not vote. Why? The fight to get the vote was a violent and long struggle. Many women died and suffered for our right to vote.

So I continue to say. Vote. Not just in the General Election. In all elections. Vote for your State Representatives, your City Council, your Neighborhood Watch Captain. Make it a habit. Something you do each and every time.

Then see what happens.

Vikki

No comments: