Saturday, November 29, 2008

We're getting close!

I can't believe it's December.

Where does the time go?

We're in the last month of the year!

There is still so much to do. I hope December slows down just enough so I can get all these projects completed by December 31st.

One year, I started addressing Christmas cards in late September. By October 31st, all my Christmas cards were addressed and ready to go. That was then. Now; well now, I'll be lucky if I get around to sending email Christmas cards.

It's not just work that has me so busy. It's family stuff that has me just as busy. We had a lot going on this year; we had our share of sad things, but we also had our celebratory moments as well.

I have often wondered why there is such a rush to get projects done before the year is over. One of my sisters once told me that whatever doesn't get done before the end of the year, that will be your burden throughout the next year. Thanks a lot sis!

Which is why she cleans her house, does all her laundry and completes every single project before the stroke of midnight on December 31st. My other sister performs a ritual of her own, which I find just as curious. She gets a bucket of water and tosses it out the front door at midnight on Dec. 31/Jan 1 to symbolize getting rid of the burdens of the old year......I often wondered where my sisters picked up these rituals because I had never done either one. Nor do I remember mom, grandma or great grandma discussing such things.

For myself, I'm lucky if I can stay up until midnight on December 31st. It's kinda funny, because in a previous life, I would stay up way past midnight, all the way to 3:00 A.M. Our family would host a huge New Year's Eve party and everybody we hadn't seen that year would come to this party. It so much fun and completely exhausting!

But we're getting way ahead of ourselves here. We're barely on December 1st!

My husband and I were at the Mall this weekend. My husband is a very laid back sort of fella. I kinda think the Mall was not a good place for him. Especially this weekend. He said, "is it my imagination, or is everyone moving at warped speed?." I laughed.

I've decided that no matter how busy I get, I will stop and take a breather and remember that Christmas is not about being busy; but a time to share, talk, and reflect.

I think the reason I'm so stressed is that I haven't met my goal. I'm going to try and keep it. It is the one goal I wrote down that I have stayed focused on since I made it.

For those of you who have been with me from the beginning, you know what that goal is. For those of you new to this blog, the goal is to have 80% of AAVBA members working by the end of the year. Well, the year isn't over yet. So I have time.

As for the rest of the stuff that needs attention, I've decided that I'm going to do one project at a time and not multi-task. I make myself and my husband crazy. He has no idea what multi-tasking is, he calls it "crazy time" and moves out of the way.

I'm looking forward to the Webinar we have scheduled this month. I hadn't planned on doing any Webinars until next year, but we had so much going on, there was no way it could wait until next year.

I'm looking forward to 2009. We have a Convention in May and September/October, the ABJA Conference, and the NNA Convention. I have a few speaking engagements, and of course, our Training Webinars, which I enjoy.

You'll have to sign up as a member of AAVBA to find out about our upcoming Webinars. There is much going on and you want to be part of it.

I don't know if I'll be back this month, so if I don't make it back here, have a Merry Christmas and a very healthy, prosperous, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Peace,

Vikki

No comments: