Thursday, December 4, 2008

10 Things I want to do in 2009

I'm working late tonight.

This doesn't happen often. I'm up late a lot, and working, but it's usually stuff I need to do from my own "To Do" List. Tonight is different. I'm waiting for a response on some docs I'm preparing for filing tomorrow.

I hope I did everything right. Yeah, I still worry. And I still get excited and nervous when I talk to a new attorney. Whether he/she is calling to hire me or calling to find a VBA. The excitement that so many attorneys are calling is something I did not prepare myself for.

And I'm happy for those VBA's who are working for attorneys. I know it won't be long before we have all VBA's working.

So I started this blog with one thing in mind and of course, there I go, off on another subject altogether...... Senior moments.....

For 2009, I want to do 10 Things. I know I'm going to do 10 Thousand things, because that's what I do. Stay busy. Oh, there I go again......Anyway,..... Back to the 10 Things.

Here we go:
1) Celebrate the little things with enthusiasm. Too often, we forget to celebrate the little things in life. When our son was younger, we would celebrate "A's" on a report card as if he had earned a college degree! You can imagine when he DID graduate from college. Let me tell ya, that was a celebration!

2) Not buy anymore printers. I love printers. Don't ask me why, but I have all these printers! I have single tray, dual tray, laser, inkjet, you name it, I have it.

3) Work Out. I love to work out. But not the kind of workout you might be thinking. I walk, stretch, move. That's about it. When you have a home office, it's really easy to not move. I mean really, how long is the commute? 2 Minutes?

4) Remain motivated for my members. This isn't hard to do...sometimes. I really need to stay focused and realize that some days....well, some days.

5) Make time to spend with my BFF. I have a BFF. She and I have known each other since we were in second grade. This year has been a whirlwind of events and it has left me little time for my friend. Yet, when I need her, there she is. Yep, this one should be number 1 on the list.

6) Enjoy my family. I know all too well how quickly our loved ones can be taken away. I lost both my parents while they were still very young. My mother died when she was 48, and my dad when he was 67. Thankfully, they brought us up to love each other unconditionally. Our family get togethers are so much fun and I'm sorry I haven't had time to be there this year.

7) Find time each week to reach out. I want to make this a priority. I need to reach out and buy someone a cup of coffee. Or pay for someone's grocery. Or offer a ride. I'm not sure what I will do, but it will be something for someone I don't know.

8) Get away with my husband. All I could say about my husband is, "what a guy". He is so supportive. He handles all the craziness I dish out. Talk about remaining calm in a stressful situation. He probably needs the time away more than I do. But while we're away, I need to not take my work with me, otherwise, what's the point?

9) Buy myself something completely useless. I'm difficult. I do not buy anything unless it has a specific purpose. Unless, of course, it's a printer! So, in 2009, I'm going to buy something completely useless but fun to have.

10) Keep my hair and nail appointments. I love hair and makeup. I spend thousands on makeup and hair. But, when I go get my hair and nails and makeup done, I take my work. So, in 2009, I promise not to take any work with me when I go to the salon. Not only that, I'll turn off my phone (oh no!, do I really want to go there?).

What will you do? I want to know. Share our aspirations, dreams and goals for 2009. Either here or email me. You know where.

That's it, I'm done.

Vikki



2 comments:

VWatanabe said...

Thank you to all who sent me an email about your "10 Things". We have so many things in common!

Unknown said...

Hi Vikki,
I love your list and I'm motivated to make one of my own:)