Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Giving Thanks

I love Thanksgiving.

It's an opportunity to cook a turkey, side dishes and desserts.

My stove and oven don't get much of a workout during the Spring and Summer months because we grill and barbeque.

Ah, but when the cool weather approaches, I am the happiest person in the world. Well, maybe not in the world, but definitely the happiest.

My husband and I host an Open House Thanksgiving. We invite our neighbors, friends and family to stop by and have a drink and something to eat on their way to their own family gatherings.

It's become quite popular. Each year, more and more people show up.

There used to be a time my husband and I would drive from from our house in Gardena to Victorville to Costa Mesa on Thanksgiving. Mapquest it and see how many miles it is. I tell ya, we spent most of Thanksgiving on the road. Needless to say, we've gotten too old to make the long trip, so we came up with the Open House.

I have so much to be grateful for. Actually, I'm grateful for everyday. It wasn't too long ago that we weren't sure if I would make it another year. But, here we are, 5 years later and going strong.

This year is pretty special.

I have a great group of associates who have become very good friends.

I have an organization I'm proud of. And a membership that is the best around.

I work with attorneys who are the best in the land.

But best of all, I have my health.

When I was younger, much younger,.....my grandmother would tell me, "you have everything if you have your health". This saying always puzzled me as a young person, because what I wanted at that time was a Cadillac.

Unfortunately, I would later find out exactly what she meant when she uttered those words. So; I'm going to say them now to you, "be grateful for your health, it is everything you need."

I hope this year will be a memorable one for you and your family.

With a grateful heart I say, Happy Thanksgiving!

~Vikki~

No comments: